Monday, April 21, 2008

Circus Boy - Magic Hat Brewing Company - South Burlington, VT

Circus Boy Stats
ABV: 5.2%
Pints: 3/4
Creepy pseudo-ninjas: 1

Ah, Hefeweizen. Yes, at one time, it was my one true love when it came to beers. Whether it was Paulaner or Weihenstephener or Franziskaner, this style had me at "hello". But then Hefeweizen's buxom cousin, the Belgian Tripel, came along, and me and Hefeweizen grew apart somewhat over the years.

And yet, here comes Circus Boy, sauntering up to me like an old friend, as if we're just going to have a nice platonic conversation, and all of a sudden, my heart is swooning again. It's smooth, with that light taste that makes you think you can drink 15 of them without blinking. A great session beer, if you're into that sort of thing.

So yes, it tastes nice, but at the end of the day, I'm not ready to go back. It's still good enough for an A-, because no well-made Hefeweizen deserves worse than that, and don't get me wrong, this is a well-made Hefeweizen, well worth your purchase at the local drinkery.

Magic Hat Brewing Company

No comments: