Sunday, April 13, 2008

Brooklyn Brand East India Pale Ale - Brooklyn Brewery - Brooklyn, NY

Brooklyn I.P.A. Stats
ABV: 6.9%
Fluid ounces: 12
Number of Burps Induced (NBI) 31 per bottle

Could I have made my first post about anything else besides a Brooklyn beer? Yes, I could have but this was the only beer in my fridge. And frankly, I wouldn't normally buy Brooklyn I.P.A. and I didn't this time. For now, I thank whoever it was that that bought this beer and left it at my house last night.

You can see by the ABV that this isn't the strongest of beers but it tastes like it. It isn't medciney, just pungent. People say that New York City water is to credit for our famous bagels, pizza and beer. They say that there is just the right amount of minerals in the water. That flavor sticks to the minerals and everything tastes great. This is what makes Brooklyn Brewery beers and their I.P.A. in particular, so full of flavor. This is a great example of New York attitude. "Our water has a bunch of shit in it, sure. But that... uh... that's how we wanted it." Anways, very flavorful.

So I said before that wouldn't normally buy Brooklyn I.P.A. The first bottle is great and the second is pretty good. Eventually the taste you enjoyed falls off and you are left with raw flavor. But for now I am going to drink the shit out of this bad boy. The perfect "only beer left over after a night of drinking" beer. With that in mind I am giving Brooklyn I.P.A. a net grade of B+. First through third beers would get a grade of A and the fourth through sixth fall off a little to a B. So if my math is correct a B+ is in order and I am nicely toasted... mmm I love math.

No comments: