Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Dead Guy Ale - Rogue Ales Brewery - Newport, OR

Dead Guy Ale Stats
ABV: 6.5%

fl. oz.: 12
Cost of six-pack: $12

Here's the most expensive beer I've had since this little blogging experiment began a few months ago. Does it live up to its price? Read on, dear friend... (or stop here, the answer is no.)

By no means is this a bad beer, and I don't want you to think this is a negative review, but I just expected more based on some things I'd heard about Rogue. Maybe more dead guy/less ale is the equation, but that's not for me to figure out. For me, it's finish up the sixer and move on to the next brew, pausing briefly to make a fool of myself by writing some trite commentary.

So about the beer itself: It's a Maibock, which is a German style. But to me it tastes kinda like an bitter amber ale with a hint of fruit. It certainly looks like an amber ale, and its got the malty flavor of an amber ale, but then again, what do I know? I'm just an average Joe who gives beers like this ratings of B-, because I wouldn't turn it away, but I wouldn't kill to drink one.

Rogue Ales Brewery

No comments: